Paddington's Finest Hour by Michael Bond

Kind regards go to Net Galley and Harper Collins UK for allowing me to read a review copy of this book in exchange for an honest, open review.

Sometimes it's nice to just kick back and relax with a good book. Other times, you just want to laugh, especially when there is an election going on! After reading The Sword of Shannara, I decided that I needed a change of pace and a bit of fun so I scrolled through my to read list on Net Galley and found just the thing.

I must have read some of the Paddington books as a child. In fact, I remember watching the old TV series too. I even enjoyed laughing my way through the recent movie, which has a sequel on the way, I believe. But before that gets to us, this book has come along to thrill adults and kids alike with more adventures featuring everyone's favourite bear.

Paddington's Finest Hour is typical of the other books in the series, at least from my experience of them. There are 7 short stories, all absolutely hilarious and packed full of the sort of capers that would get most people laughing hysterically. In particular, the stand out moment has to be when Paddington went to a variety show and met a hypnotist...it might have been predictable, but it was brilliantly funny! In fact, there is nothing about this book which lets the reader down. Paddington is his usual brilliant self, and this book is certainly not one to hide away under your hat with the marmalade sandwiches!

Star rating: 5/5

Comments