Comics for a Strange World by Reza Farazmand

Many thanks go to Net Galley and to the publisher for granting me an advance readers copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Have you ever seen the Poorly Drawn Lines comics doing to rounds on the internet? Perhaps you read the first book as well? Well, I had come across a few of the comics in both English and Russian. I even tried to use them to help me practice my poor Russian language skills! Well, now there is a second book - Comics for a Strange World.

Wow, this was fun! I love a book that can make me laugh from cover to cover and this is one of those rare beasts. I even had to try to stifle my laughter on the metro and tram systems in Moscow to avoid strange looks. In the end, I didn't care! I was having too much fun to give a damn about what anyone around me thought. It is strangely liberating to be in that position, so I want to personally thank Raza Farazmand for allowing this to happen.

Almost every comic in this book has some weird twist to it, which I think fans of Hitchhikers guide and Discworld might enjoy in this comic format. I admit that I read the book in a single day, quite easily, but it was worth it. I actually have no negative comments about it, that's how much fun I had. One point I can't understand however...why is it called POORLY Drawn Lines when they are simply wonderful?!

Star rating: 5/5 🌟
Comics for a Strange World: A Book of Poorly Drawn Lines
This book will be published on 24th October 2017

Comments