The Furthest Station by Ben Aaronovitch

Many thanks go to NetGalley and to the publisher for allowing me to read this advanced readers copy in exchange for an honest review.

It's like Christmas come early! The second I saw The Furthest Station on Net Galley, I didn't hesitate and requested a review copy straight away. I love the previous books in the Peter Grant/Rivers of London series, along with the one graphic novel I have read, and knew I had to have this book. The important question is does it fit the series and is it any good?

Well, the answer to both of those questions is a resounding yes! The book follows an investigation by the Folly into the appearances of several ghosts on the Metropolitan Line of the London Underground. The course of the investigation takes them to the very end of the line where Peter Grant and Nightingale must act quickly to save the day.

Now, obviously I don't want to give away anything major from this novella. It is quite a short book, just 144 pages, but it was so wonderful to read. The characters, familiar to me now, are just as they always are, and the plot moves along faster than an Underground train with no brakes. The humour is splashed throughout the story as well, adding a lot of life to this brilliant little book. I cannot recommend this series, or this book, highly enough!

Star rating: 5/5
This book is due out on 30th June 2017

Comments

  1. Nicely penned down! If time allows do visit my little blog about book reviews - www.keveinbooksnreviews.in

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment