Doctor Who: The American Adventures

Many thanks go to NetGalley and the publisher, Diamond Book Distributers,for granting me access to a review copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

If, like with me, the American election is bringing you down, you might be looking for an escape route into some sanity. My light escape, while also relaxing with Stephen King's It, so far has been Doctor Who: The American Adventures.

This is a collection of six short stories featuring the Twelfth Doctor, as played by Peter Capaldi in the tv show. As you would expect from a short story collection, each story is very different from the next. Some I really enjoyed, others almost bored me. The plots range from a murder mystery to alien abductions, but with the Doctor on hand to save the day or solve the mysteries, you know everything will be ok.

The one major disappointment for me was the lack of a companion. No Clara or Billy, just the Doctor. I find he needs someone to bounce his ideas off of and to keep him in check when he goes a little...crazy.

All in all, it's a nice collection, well written, but it's a typical short story collection. It was, however, a light relief from global politics!

Star rating: 3 from 5

Comments