Fool's Quest by Robin Hobb

At the beginning of this year, I set myself the challenge of reading 50 books. With Fool's Quest, I have doubled that target. It was also the only currently published book by Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm that I had left to read. Well, not anymore because I have finished it...

I loved this book, as I have loved all of the Farseer books. This ones as full of plot twists and surprises for Fitzchivalry Farseer as it follows on smoothly from the end of Fool's Assassin. Fitz, discovering the disappearance of his daughter Bee and finding his household unaware that she ever existed, must try to get her back from those who stole her and Shun. Meanwhile, the Fool has returned, seriously injured and blind, and he takes an unnaturally strong interest in Bee's existence.

Naturally, there are plots, and secrets that must be aired before anything can truly happen and this book reads very much like a middle book. Do not let that put you off. It is a very vividly written book with as many plot twists as an Olympic diving competition! And the situation we are left stranded in at the finale really helps to set up the final book in this masterful trilogy! Can't wait for that!

Star rating: 5 from 5

Comments