February Wrap-Up

February was another good month for reading for me. I was introduced to 7 new writers, managed to read two non-fiction books, and I also completed one of my resolutions. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I finally read The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. Also, I managed to read one classic, although it was only a Little Black Classic from Penguin, The Nose by Nikolai Gogol. I will not count this towards my challenge, however, because it was only 50 pages or so.

Yet again, this month was quite heavy with NetGalley books. Amazingly, I still haven't got below 20 books to read there, despite reading 7 books from my to read list.

In total, I finished 11 books this month, which is quite satisfying. I also started one other book, which I abandoned after just one chapter. That book was Tanya Grotter and the Magical Double Bass...it was a badly written rip-off of the Harry Potter series. I really can't stress how much you shouldn't read that book!

My favourite book this month is difficult to choose. Strange Tide and Poseidon's Wake were both excellent books in different ways. Worst book completed? Probable Typewriter in the Sky, because it was just bleurgh!

After my last wrap-up, I found how to put photos on here from GoodReads after I had a few problems last month, do I have not written a list of books. Instead, here are the covers of everything I read this month:

Death in the Valley of Shadows (John Rawlings, #9)
Strange Tide (Bryant & May, #13)
The Early Science Fiction of Philip K. Dick, Volume 2
Typewriter in the Sky
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6)
The Nose
The God Delusion
Skin Like Silver: A Tom Harper Victorian Police Procedural
Poseidon's Wake (Poseidon's Children, #3)
Quantum Of Solace;
And Yet ...































In March, I have already read the first Bryant and May book, I will read some Megan Lindholm/ Robin Hobb books and I WILL get my NetGalley books down to under 20. And I will try not to abandon any books as well! They are my promises to myself for this month. Fingers crossed!

Comments