And Yet... by Christopher Hitchens

I would like to start with a thank you to the kind people at Simon & Schuster for letting me read an Advance Readers Copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

And Yet... is a collection of essays written by Christopher Hitchens, one of the most irascible journalists the modern world has seen. He comes across in these pieces as being very blunt and to the point, always getting his opinion in, however unkind it can be. However, this can be hilarious at times.

My favourite essays were actually about him. He wrote them for Vanity Fair, and they are actually quite personal, but unbelievably funny...especially the part about the back, sack and crack! I was almost in tears from laughing so hard!

This was my first foray into the world of Hitchens. I loved his style of writing and, I must confess, I am jealous of his book reviews. He is so deeply honest in his opinion of what he reads and he truly says what he loved and hated about what he read. I will read more of his work in the future, that's for certain!

 So, my conclusion. One word...phenomenal!

Star rating: 5 from 5 - wonderful!

25111068

Comments