January 2016 Wrap-Up

Because of how much I have been reading lately, not all of the books I have read have been reviewed. Instead, I have reviewed mostly my NetGalley requests and a few others, but I have read many more this month. So, ladies and gentlemen, here is my first ever wrap-up.

In January this year, I've read 14 books. This puts me well on my way towards my target of 50 books this year. haven't all been perfect, they haven't all been amazing, but they are all books that I opened myself up to. Below are all the books I finished:


Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman

How The Marquis Got His Coat Back by Neil Gaiman
Monstrous Little Voices by Jonathan Barnes, Adrian Tchaikovsky, Emma Newman, Foz Meadows and Kate Heartfield 
Death of a Nurse by M.C. Beaton
Half a King by Joe Abercrombie
Bryant & May: London's Glory by Christopher Fowler
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Reasons to Stay Alive by Matt Haig
Are You Dave Gorman by Dave Gorman
The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Andersen
The Green-Eyed Monster by Mike Robinson
Negative space by Mike Robinson
Waking Gods by Mike Robinson
Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman


Pages read: 3292

This does not include the one book I abandoned this month, Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. I read about a third of it before surrendering to the boredom. Therefore, this has to be my worst book of the month!


The best book this month? Reasons To Stay Alive by Matt Haig - a truly inspirational book!


7 of these books were through NetGalley and so it has helped with one of my reading resolutions. Unfortunately, I also added to my requests so in total, I have lowered my to read list there by just 1 book. Still, the books have, for the most part, not been too disappointing. Read my previous posts for more on those.

Comments