Legend of the Magical Forest by Maria Barnes

This is a lovely short story about two children at Christmas time and an...unusual present! Knowing the imagination kids have, I can see them believing in this story, and it truly is a lovely read. As with all short stories, character development is limited by space, but James and Anne are brave and bold, and James is very much like me as a young child so I can relate very much with him.

The writing style is easy to read and the plot is well constructed given the length of  the story. I would love for this to be the first book in a series, and for it to be turned into a novel. Maybe Maria Barnes will consider this, but I know I will be looking out for her books in the future! For now, this book is only available on Kindle. If you want to find it, the links are below the cover image.

Star rating: 4 from 5 - good things come in small packages!

27418553

Comments