Bryant & May and the Secret Santa by Christopher Fowler

I was given a review copy of this book by the publisher Random House Publishing Group - Alibi in exchange for a honest review.

I had heard of Bryant & May before, I think, but when I saw this book and read the description of it, I had to read it. It is a short story of around 20-30 pages so it didn't take very long for me to get through it, but I am glad I read it.

After a tragic accident outside a department store in London, Bryant and May investigate the circumstances behind the death of a boy. Because of the short story format, it is difficult to give a full view of the events, but it is worth a read. The conclusion was not obvious at first, but later it became clear. The story is told with a wonderful sense of humour as well as with the right kind of atmosphere to it. It sort of reminded me of some of Agatha Christie's books, like the Tommy and Tuppence series, for that. And the characters are very good as well. Overall, this was an excellent short read. If only it could have been longer!

Star rating: 4 from 5 - it's a crime that it's so short!

Comments