The Undays of Aralias Lyons by K.L. Horvath

I was given an advance readers copy of this book through Netgalley.com in return for an honest review.

This book has, quite literally, thrown me into a time loop. Sometimes when I was reading it, I felt like time was rushing past without thinking of stopping. Other times, however, I felt like it was passing me by at the same speed as treacle. I cannot put my finger on exactly what made it feel this way. After all, the characters were engaging enough, the story was pretty good too, and it had a good amount of dry humour, which is something I do enjoy. The writing style is maybe a little simplistic for my liking, but it's not a major fault with a book which feels like it should be in the young adult genre.

Aralias Lyons, the main character of the story, is, in himself, a real conundrum for me to explain in few words. I liked him for sure, but when he was around Clara Heartwell he turned into a sickening bore in my opinion. The two of them clearly have no chemistry that shines from the pages so it is a mystery to me how they could possibly want to be together. In fact, the last line of the story was more cheesy than gorgonzola!

If I had to compare this book with any others, I would say it is a bit like Percy Jackson with time travel, only not as well written. However, if a sequel were to be written, I think I would give it a try too, simply because I like the idea of the story.

Star rating: 3 from 5 - not bad, but needs more work.

26043206

You can find out more information about this book by following this link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26043206-the-undays-of-aralias-lyons

Comments