The Returned, Part III (Star Trek: New Frontier) by Peter David

I was given an advance readers copy of this book by the publisher, Pocket Books, in return for an honest review.

Now, I've never read any of the Star Trek: New Frontier books before, but I have been impressed by what I read here. It keeps the feel of the television show, using humour as well as having some familiar faces (Q for instance). There is a mixture of action, a little Sci-Fi romance and plenty of surprises thrown in, mostly by Q.

The book is the third and final part of a novel, so I did miss some of the references in the plot and it took me a little while to get used to all the characters, but I was hooked on the story. Peter Daved's writing style is a pleasure to read as the story flows along.

I would recommend this book to Star Trek fans, but maybe not a starting point if you have never read any of the books before in this particular series. I, for one, will at some tie go back to the beginning and read this series all the way through.

Star rating: 4 from 5 - a stellar read, but not the best starting point for a newbie.

25295136

You can find out more information about this book by following this link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25295136-the-returned-part-iii

Comments