Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch

I picked up this book from Amazon Kindle a few months ago for just 99p. I had heard only good things about it, but I was in for a real treat!

I had to contain my laughter at times, just to keep control of myself. The humour throughout the book is sublime! I've read a few detective novels in the past, even some with a fantasy twist (such as Jasper Fforde and Malcolm Pryce) but this book is much more detailed about the locations. The plot is also brilliant. I really had no clue how this amazing read would end. Not even when it got to the climax could I predict how it would all pan out

Set in London, the story follows a young policeman, Peter Grant who has just discovered that his traditional view of policing also has a magical side when he meets Chief Inspector Nightingale as a series of bizarre murders spreads around the city. It's the kind of story that really makes you sit up and pay attention and never want to put the book back down again afterwards. 

I'm already saving my money so I can buy the rest of this series, although I think I may want these books physically as well! The covers are as stunning as the story. This is a must read for all fans of detectives and fantasy.

Star rating: 5 from 5 - a cracking fantasy detective story - well done Mr Aaronovitch!

9317452

You can find out more information about this book by following this link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9317452-rivers-of-london?ac=1

Comments